I thought it important to write you a letter, really a letter of commitment, that you can use to remind us if we begin to miss the mark of why we began the Orchard church. There’s probably no better people to keep us honest than the ones we promise to love. Please hear them as our heart for you and this city.
- we commit to showing you Jesus Christ to the best of our abilities
- we commit that the Orchard church belongs to Jesus, not us
- we commit to telling you the truth about what Jesus says, even if it is hard, and means some of you will never come back
- we commit to telling his story, not just ours, because it is more important
- we commit to spending our money and our time serving the parts and people of Midland that need Jesus to rescue them
- we commit to gathering around a King, not a building or a service.
- we commit to confronting the sin that tears you and your family apart, sometimes unbeknownst to you or your family
- we commit to taking chances and attempting things only possible with God’s hand
- we commit to focusing more on introducing people to Jesus than our church
- we commit to loving you but declaring war on the things drawing you away from Jesus
- we commit that as the Orchard grows and changes, our focal point won’t change – we are here to make Jesus famous and build a community that enjoys him
- we commit to doing our best to love and serve you
Thank you for hearing our heart.
The leadership of the Orchard church